Friday, April 2, 2010

The Wonderful Cross

This is one of my absolute favorite songs and how perfect for Good Friday.


The other day I went for a walk while it was getting dark. Emma was ahead on her bike so I took the opportunity to pray (complain to God). Here's how it went...

There's so many unknowns and I'm tired of it. I want my life to be mapped out in front of me. I want to see what's coming and have some warning. If we make the wrong decision, then what? How do we know what the right decision is? Even if we make the decision You want us to make, who's to say we can't lose everything and end up back where we started? (This actually went on for about 10 minutes with the same theme).

Okay, you've said what you have to say, now are you ready for what I have to say?

(a little shaken at the sound of my "prayers" being interrupted by God himself) Um, sure! I mean, yes, I'll listen...

Remember the Lilies of the fields and how I clothe them. How much more do I care about you?!

Yeah, but those are flowers. They don't really have anything. That doesn't tell me anything. We have a mortgage to pay, utilities, we have to depend on other people for things, and we need clothes and food and all the necessities.

Seek first My kingdom...

Right after he said that I got lost again in my own thoughts, except they were taking a different direction. It was like He poured a little faith into me, His faith.

Suddenly I looked up and there was this girl sitting in front of me. She was sitting on a bench and she looked at me with intense eyes and unlike people I usually see sitting around town, she looked full of peace. Almost like she didn't belong there. I said hello and she nodded instead of saying anything and kept on looking at me with these eyes that now I can't forget.

I don't know what that meant and I honestly don't know what's ahead for us, but it being Good Friday, I'm taking the time to fast, pray and contemplate the Wondrous Cross.

Being like the lilies of the field, living a life of carefree worship.

1 comment:

Farmgirl Paints said...

Great post. Thanks for sharing your conversation with God.

We went through a hard spot a while back and the waiting and wondering about killed me. I had many similar conversations with Him myself. Just trust...wait and He'll provide. He always does.

Happy Easter to ya:)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails