Monday, April 26, 2010

It's Good NOT To Be Numb

This post wont be too long. I'm tired! Too much relaxation for me;)



I am excited to actually tell you about the weekend but I have to tell you just now about the epiphany that came to me as I was kinda summing things up in my mind.

It's good to feel!



So often when going through difficult things, painful things, depressing things, I wish to either skip through it, numb myself or escape into distractions, but feeling that pain helps me feel the love as well.

Isn't it funny how aha moments also kind of come with a "well duh..."?



This weekend with it being a pretty small group of women of different ages and backgrounds, I felt like I got a view of my life in whole. I mean, there's a lot more I could go into, but overall, I saw my past in some of the younger girls and felt the pain they were going through in beginning to deal with the reality of life pretty much. I also saw the older women who had been through stuff and gotten through it and their suffering made them beautiful.

Overall it was all beautiful because we were all feeling it. There were tears of pain and laughter as well. Genuine 7th grade slumber party laughter that went on until our awaiting ice cream sundays took priority.

I'll tell you more later, but today I really need to rest from all that rest.

Enjoy the pictures though. Seriously isn't this gorgeous?!?









3 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen, girl.

If we can't feel the pain, we won't feel the joy either.

And the Joy is worth it!

Looks like your weekend was beautiful and relaxing.

Praying that you can carry that retreat of the heart right into your week!

Playing Sublimely said...

Your blog is dreamy, as are you ;)...really enjoyed my visit here. Nice to meet you!

Jen said...

So fun jumping on your blog & reading again! Loving your journey! Blessings ~ jen

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails