- Increased energy
- Increased sex drive - might be due to the increased energy
- I feel thinner - I've only lost a couple pounds but I just don't feel bloated.
- Cravings are virtually gone - I went to the store yesterday and made my usual walk of drool through the bakery section. I was really surprised when I could look at the case of Haggens donuts and honestly not want one.
- Taste buds must be back - I keep being surprised by the flavor of things that I had forgotten.
- Out of cooking rut - I was totally in a rut but I have been trying so many new recipes. I am actually excited about cooking dinner again.
- Food issues addressed - For the first couple of weeks I'd find myself automatically going into the kitchen and looking for something to snack on. Spending the extra time making a healthy snack addressed the issue of me eating just because I was bored.
- More dependance on God - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. That verse was held close to my heart.
So, this did feel more like a diet than a fast because I was pretty focused on what I could eat the whole time that I don't think I spent as much time praying as I would if I had completely given up food. But God's purposes will be accomplished right?
I think we will continue on this eating plan for the most part. We have to add back in some meat though. We have a freezer full of bear for one thing. We probably won't have it every night though and when we do have meat, since it will be more of a special occasion, I'll be able to buy the all natural free range meat. No more McDonalds hamburgers.