Thursday, January 22, 2009

We made it!

Well, I have to admit I wasn't good the whole time but for the most part I stuck to my daniel fast. Here are the benefits that I have noticed over the past 3 weeks of eating a strictly vegan diet.

  • Increased energy
  • Increased sex drive - might be due to the increased energy
  • I feel thinner - I've only lost a couple pounds but I just don't feel bloated.
  • Cravings are virtually gone - I went to the store yesterday and made my usual walk of drool through the bakery section. I was really surprised when I could look at the case of Haggens donuts and honestly not want one.
  • Taste buds must be back - I keep being surprised by the flavor of things that I had forgotten.
  • Out of cooking rut - I was totally in a rut but I have been trying so many new recipes. I am actually excited about cooking dinner again.
  • Food issues addressed - For the first couple of weeks I'd find myself automatically going into the kitchen and looking for something to snack on. Spending the extra time making a healthy snack addressed the issue of me eating just because I was bored.
  • More dependance on God - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. That verse was held close to my heart.

So, this did feel more like a diet than a fast because I was pretty focused on what I could eat the whole time that I don't think I spent as much time praying as I would if I had completely given up food. But God's purposes will be accomplished right?

I think we will continue on this eating plan for the most part. We have to add back in some meat though. We have a freezer full of bear for one thing. We probably won't have it every night though and when we do have meat, since it will be more of a special occasion, I'll be able to buy the all natural free range meat. No more McDonalds hamburgers.

1 comment:

Dejah said...

Way to go Jewel,I am proud of you and happy for you. And I want to get ahold of some of those recipes. :o)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails