Friday, November 27, 2009

Rollerskating Fun with Emma

First of all I love birthdays. I feel like a birthday should be celebrated all week (including both weekends) and I'm all for celebrating a half birthday - just because having cake and a special day for you just once a year isn't enough.

I also love parties, especially birthday parties. I love the planning, the cake decorating, the games and afterward remembering how fun it was. But with five kids and after one year spending an obscene amount of money taking an entire second grade class rollerskating, we had to cut down on the big parties.

Now we have parties for birthdays 1, 5, 10, 13 and 16 and in between those years the kids can choose to do something with one friend and the family. So, for Emma's 6th birthday the family went rollerskating. Here's the evening in pictures.



The birthday girl showing just how fast she can go.


Emma with big sister Azzie


Azzie (I know serious red eye, but she's very into twilight so she thought it looked cool)


Once again it took several tries to get an unblurry picture of Shariah, the speedster.


Ruby's first time skating and is holding onto Uncle Peter and Grandma.

And I'm going to leave you with a couple of quotes from my girl who never fails to keep me laughing.

Me: Emma, do you know that the biggest word in the world is supercalifragilisticexpealidocious?

Emma: No it's not Mom!

Me: Oh then what is?

Emma: Go-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-d!

Later that same day...

Emma: Hey Mom, I was just wondering, does everyone in the world have taste bugs?

3 comments:

Megan said...

I seriously cannot believe that she's 6 already!! Wow! Happy Birthday to Emma!!

And Azzie's old enough to wear make u? Dang! I'm old. :0P

Looks like it was a fun little family party. =)

Megan said...

Uhhh, that should say make up, not make u. :0P

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

okay you may not know this... but I LOVE birthday skating parties!! They make me want to break out my Jelly shoes and my Billy Jean Tape.

Oh yeah...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails